Sunday, July 21, 2019

Stretching Your Card Kits using Older Stamps

Hello crafty friends!

I hope your summer is going fantastic - I know mine is!!  I can't believe we will be coming up to the end of the Seasonal Expressions 2 catalogue soon - time sure flies when you are having fun!

I was working with two of the Cardmaking Kits - "Grateful for You" and "Thinking of You". I wanted to share with you how I made many different versions simply by using different older stamps in my stash!!



product image 

Kit  Contents:
1 – exclusive workshop stamp set (B-size)
2 – Sweet Girl sheets
3 – cardstock sheets (1 Fern, 2 White Daisy)
1 – Gold Embellishing (Z4054)
12 – white card bases & envelopes
printed instructions

Now, I LOVE that these kits have enough supplies to create 12 cards - 6 each of 2 designs. However, I don't need that many cards of the same variety in my stash all the time. So, I simply pulled out some older sentiment based stamps and created a fabulous collection. Take a peek:



As you can see, I didn't add the embellishment thread that came in the kit, but that was only because I had misplaced it when I created my card! OOPS!! But I think they still looked great left without. Now I have a wonderful set of assorted cards to use!! I kept the exact same cuts & layouts, just flipped some of the papers to use the opposite pattern. I love that about the double sided papers!

Next up, I did the same thing with the "Thinking of You" Cardmaking Kit:
product image

Kit contents:
1 – exclusive workshop stamp set (B-size)
2 – True Love sheets
2 – cardstock sheets (1 Sugarplum, 1 White Daisy)
1 – Loose Sequins—Gold (Z4235)
12 – white card bases & envelopes
printed instructions

Here are my creations:



I really fell in love with this beautiful kit. |Guess what? I had TONS of paper and sequins leftover too! What a value! As you can see, I once again grabbed a few different sentiments and create some gorgeous cards.

I would encourage you to grab these kits while you still can! I know I will use the stamps over and over - they are a great addition to my stash and now I have 24 cards ready to give.

Thanks for stopping by the blog today!  I hope I inspired you to stretch your kits.

See you again soon!

xoxo
Jess

Supplies (ALL Close to My Heart):
Kits: Workshops Your Way® Thinking of You Cardmaking Kit G1181, Grateful for You Cardmaking Kit G1183
Paper: True Love, Sweet Girl
Ink: Charcoal, Peach, Sapphire, Eggplant, Black, New England Ivy, 
Embellishments: Gold Sequins Z4235
Stamps: Heartfelt Thoughts C1661, Central Park D1775

No comments:

Post a Comment